(BAFTA)The British Academy of Film and Television announced the nominations for the 2012 Orange British Academy Film Awards Make Up & Hair category.
A grand ceremony to was held on Feb. 12 at London’s Royal Opera House to announce the BAFTA winners.
If you attended the IMATs event on 4-5th February, you would have had the opportunity to meet 3 of the nominated artists.
It was a great event as always and would highly recommend everyone interested in makeup to go next year.
The nominees for best Makeup & Hair are as follows:
- The Artist-Julie Hewett & Cydney Cornell
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II-Amanda Knight & Lisa Tomblin
- Hugo-Morag Ross & Jan Archibald
- The Iron Lady-Marese Langan, Mark Coulier, & J. Roy Helland
- My Week With Marilyn-Jenny Shircore
All brilliant and talented makeup artists, however this years fortunate winners were ‘Marese Langan,Mark Coulier, and J. Roy Helland ‘ for the Iron Lady.
Coulier emailed in saying, “It was very exciting to hear The Iron Lady called out, but a bit nerve-wracking as well, but I’m honored and absolutely delighted to win the award”
You can find out more about The Iron Lady makeup winner here http://makeupmag.com/news/featured/id/904/